Friday, April 7, 2017

Socratic Seminar// F451 Thoughts

Whenever I hear something, I always have many thoughts/reactions towards the topic. Unfortunately, I let anxiety get the best of me so I don't say what I'm thinking. Anyways I'm just going to type down a few things that I got from today's' discussion and kind of give my two cents.

I agree with Liliy that Montag isn't a role model.Weather it was necessary for Montag to kill Beatty or not is a completely different question. Montag is very impulsive. It is true that he's self-reliant, but he can still be self reliant whilst thinking about the choices he's about to make. My point is impulsive people aren't good role models. Imagine saying something to someone and they got offended and they ended up punching you. That is not, at least in my opinion, being a good role model. He could have gotten Faber into major trouble. He shouldn't have been talking to Faber in front of Beatty. If he hadn't done that, then Montag wouldn't have let his hands pull the trigger. Being a role model is being able to do what you want and eliminating anything that gets in your way. One of the biggest reasons he got in trouble was because his impulsiveness got the best of him and he ended up reading to Mildred and her friends. I just think role models should think about what they're going to do and say before they put it out there. Maybe he is a role model for people who want to be self reliant or confident but I would definitely not look up to him other than that.
Did Montag have to kill Beatty? I totally feel that Montag would have to do that sooner or later because Beatty would have killed him. How else would Montag get Beatty to stop? I just wouldn't call Montag a role model for being triggered about the things Beatty was saying and killing him for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment