Wednesday, August 17, 2016

EVERYTHING'S AMAZING

I think Louis CK's point was that we take everything for granted and he used a humorous approach, which was satire, to get people's attention. First he calls this generation out by calling us "the crappiest generation of spoiled idiots". I admit, at first I was a little offended but once he started using humor and explained himself, I got his message. I think his message was that we live in an amazing generation with modern technology and other inventions and we take all of that for granted. He mentioned how hard it was to make a simple phone call back then and mocked us on how we get upset if a text doesn't send right away.  He also pointed out that most people who get off of airplanes describe it as a horror story and not paying attention to the fact they were "sitting in a chair in the sky". Also how people get upset if there was a 20 minute delay for a flight but before there was planes, it wold take days or months even to get some where. I thought this video was pretty hilarious and if Louis CK would've talked about all this without humor, a lot of people most likely wouldn't pay attention and get his message. I'd say that he used satire effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment