Thursday, September 22, 2016

R.I.P. Christina Grimmie


I was scrolling through twitter during summer late at nignt and I saw something trending. It was a hashtag that was something like "RIP Christina Grimmie". I clicked on it to see if it was some kind of stupid twitter hastag but it was real. What happend was something so terrible it makes me angry that this would happen and it made me so sad that we lost a young and innocent human being who was following her dreams. It was June 10, 2016 and Christina Grimmie was having a concert. She was outside meeting her fans and a guy comes up to her and she opens her arms for a hug, thinking it was a fan, and the guy shot her. I looked up videos of her and found that she is really talented and one of the sweetest and kind hearted people ever. The guy had no reason to shoot her! And why would he?! Murdering people is extremely wrong and disgusting!She was 22 and already living her dream and helping people through her music. It just makes me so angry he shot a perfectly innocent person and wonderful person. Infact, there shouldn't be any shootings at all! What got to me was the guy still shot her even after he saw she opened her arms out to give him a hug! This also makes me afraid for myself or any other person who wants to follow their dreams or just be a normal person because of people like that guy. Gun violence has increased tremendously this year and it is a huge problem that must be stoped! I'm so sad that I had to find out about a wonderful and talented person because someone shot them. I feel bad for her family and her fans. She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment