Friday, March 3, 2017

CAN WE WATCH THE MOVIE?!

Books vs. Movies. An argument that never dies.........
but obviously, the books are better 99.9% better. When you read books, you get to be the director to the movie is playing inside your head. I think as you get older, it is harder to have an active imagination and reading books enables you to create a whole new world, using someone's description, inside of your head. I can't explain how mind blowing that is to me.
So maybe you're not a fan of reading because maybe it's time consuming or you just think it's boring. Well you have NO IDEA how much things you're missing when you watch the movies instead of reading the books. I think it's kind of clear that I'm a Harry Potter fan and I guess you could call me an expert. I saw the first movie on Disney Channel when I was 5 and remembered liking it. Later on when I was in fourth grade, I read all the books and then stared watching the movies afterwards. I love the movies. They are my absolutely favorite movies of all time. (Going to be watching the marathon on Freeform as always😅 ) I found that I liked how the characters looked like better than how I imagined them. They did a fantastic job in casting. However, even as a 10 year old I knew how much things they left out and did differently/wrong. I can make an ongoing list on what wasn't there and how unsatisfying it feels that the movies left out some of those things. Even if they did make the movies exactly following every word of the books, there would still be tons of detail left out. I reread the Harry Potter series very often because it is like escaping this world and magically apparating into another one for a while.(puns intended(; ) And every time I reread one of the books, I somehow always find something new that I missed the first few times and makes me even more fascinated in that world. On to today's movie. Daisy seems more enthusiastic in the movie than the book but that doesn't really bother me, Jordan and Nick didn't talk as much as they did in the book, and for some reason, Tom isn't as snobby to me. So do I like the book better than the movie? Well we haven't seen Gatsby yet, but I like the book better. I liked the little movie I created in my head better than the actual movie. I feel like it was more true to the novel because nothing was over exaggerated. The actual movie is someone else's version of the novel and it is kind of like I'm being told I have been wrong the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment