Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Birthdays.Rambling to myself.

"Damn you're getting old," my sister said when greeting me in the morning. So here's something I've thought about: kids act like we're so experienced with life.. but that's because living through how many years we had, that's all we know. Later we grow older and we think to ourselves, "if only I can be that young again."
And for what?! Because I haven't been enjoying life recently. Because I've been stressed about school and scared about the future. How do I "have it good" now?! 
But maybe that's it....... I've been spending my life so worried about work and the future that I have forgotten how to, well, live. So I'm challenging myself at 17 to try new things and be more laid back. To enjoy life day by day. To not say, "TGIF" and wait for holidays to feel relieved. After all, I won't be 17 forever and I most certainly do not want to remember my teenage years as being so bland and dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment