Thursday, May 18, 2017

Masterpiece Academy Day 1 & 2

Notes:
Presenter: Ale The question- Would it be better if people know their perfect match by birthmark?

  • asked people and many said yes because they don't want to spend all their life with someone who ended up to not be their soulmate.
  • the people who said no didn't want to be tied down to destiny.
  • essentially, people would be born with a birthmark. To find your soulmate, you have to find a person with the same birthmark.

confirmation bias~when finding something online and you see evidence that confirms your hypothesis so you go with that.

Thoughts: I think the idea is brilliant and very creative. However, there's some things that can go wrong. Like what if a person just wanted to be single all their life? Do people who become priests and nuns get birthmarks too? What happens if a 14 year old gets matched with a 22 year old? Doesn't knowing who your soulmate take all the adventure out of it(love)? I personally wouldn't want a birthmark that matches me up with someone. I believe that future isn't set in stone and that we are the writers of our own story. I also think life's mysteries is what make life fun. Life's about going through experiences and learning from them so we can grow. I admit, it would be nice to know now......
but I love a good mystery. I feel that society is puts pressure on finding "their true love". For me, if I never had one, I'd be more than okay with it. I don't need a "soulmate" to complete me. Society just has its ideas....

No comments:

Post a Comment