Sunday, November 27, 2016

MY MAD DREAM OF AN ESSAY

Remember that time you ate that spicy [potato] just before you went to bed on the night before the big [concert]?  Oh, that weird dream you had about the 2016 presidential election.  When you woke up you couldn't quite remember the [mad] details, but after reading "On Self-Reliance" and "A Sound of Thunder" it's all coming back to you now.

The dream started badly.  You were in line with your family at a [parking lot] waiting to be sent to [the Dentist].  Everywhere you looked there were posters of president-elect [Mr.Oooopsies], looking like a crazy [niffler] who could eat a whole [block of gold].   

Suddenly, there was Ralph Waldo Emerson telling you, "[What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think]." You realized that you have something to contribute to the world so you decided to [scream].  But it wasn't easy.  First you had to put on a fancy [band tee] and [purple hair] and then you had make a [time turner] to go back in time to the [public place] so you could convince people to learn about the candidates and the [political issue you care about most].

But right there in the [concert venue] there was a giant [Acromantula] and it started [yell] ing at everyone.  People started to [panic].  You grabbed a [microphone] from a nearby [dinosaur egg shop] and yelled [HEY LOSERS, LISTEN UP!!!!].  Everyone stopped and listened, so you kept going.

My speech:


Just think about how every little choice we make impacts us and our future in a great way. If you think your vote doesn't matter, you thought wrong. EVERY vote counts. If you decide to use your vote stupidly and vote for Harambe or not even vote at all, there would be one less vote for the candidate you have the least problem with! Then imagine all of the other people who think the same as you: "my vote doesn't matter." Then we would have a ton of people not voting and they still complain about the results. We all cause chain reactions. From deciding when to leave your house or to even staying home. If you left your house, you would probably come across several people and exchange some words which would cause either positive or negative impact. You could've made someone's day good or bad. Or if you decided to stay home that day you might have not been able to bump into someone who would have eventually become your best friend. You all probably still think this is a bunch of bolonga, but it's not! If I didn't get the history class I am in now, then I wouldn't have met my new friend, Carly. If I didn't wake up early every day for two years to go to school in a different city, I wouldn't have met my best friend. For example in a story I read called A Sound of Thunder, the main character, Eckles, travels back in time to hunt dinosaurs. He was supposed to stay on the path but he ended up stepping on a butterfly. What's the big deal of him killing a butterfly, you ask? When he went back to the future the election results were different. A tyrant won and in our case, it would be Mr.Oooopsies. Now I'm not sure if the reality we're in is "the original" one or not, but in any reality we're in, we all have choices to make that will impact society. Ralph Waldo Emerson was a genius. He wrote, "What I must do is all that concerns me, not what others think." and "Envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide". Society now a days look the same, wear the same things, listen to the same music, and even act the same. Even conforming to society can cause chain reactions. If you're not yourself, then you would probably not meet some genuine people who like you for you or even meet someone that you'll become close to. I aspire to become a nonconformist. I don't listen to much mainstream music/music that is currently popular unless I actually like it, I wear band tees/hoodies, I have fan accounts,  and I "obsess" over certain celebrities. That might be embarrassing to admit but, I'm really tired of caring.  Let me tell you about something that recently happened. I used to have really long hair my entire life. If I wore it in a ponytail, my hair would still be past my waist. For some reason this whole year I wanted to dye half of it purple. Okay I know this is long, but hear me out! I bleached and dyed half of my hair in June. I was SO happy!! However, whenever I went to a store or a public place, I would worry that all eyes were on me and thought I was getting judged. At the end of July, I started thinking about how everyone at school would think about my hair. It gotten so bad that i decided to cut it. My hair became the shortest it has ever been. I was so unhappy because I missed my long and now purple hair. When I got to school this year, I noticed everyone started dying their hair as well. I realized what I did was because of caring about what people think and now I'm regretful. Once my hair grows back, I do plan to dye it again and wear it proudly! Anyways to end this long rant, please consider voting. You'll probably think I'm mad but, I'm from the future. Before you think I'm more insane then I'm actually am, trust me when I say the Tyrant won! It's all  because all of you people who think your vote doesn't count! Everything we do causes a chain reaction. From each step you take or what you pick for dinner. Everything creates an impact. Let that sink in.  I'm going back to the future before you guys place me in looneyvill or this time turner stops. Thanks for listening! 

---------
In case anyone is wondering what a Niffler or a time turner is:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment